Upon successful completion of the program, students are awarded a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Economics at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich.
Building upon thorough training in Economics at the Bachelor’s level, the Master Program provides students with analytical and logical problem-solving skills, deepens their knowledge of Economics and brings them to the frontiers of current research.
Master students are trained for a demanding international professional career, and/or for an academic career in high-level economic research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Economics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Microeconomics: Contract Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 110 other Masters in Economics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certificate of the Bachelor’s degree with a proof of the (final) average grade and explanation of the grading scale.
- Outline of lecture courses and/or transcripts of records of the courses you have attended. If your transcript of records lists all course names, this is sufficient. You do not need to add syllabi.
- If your documents are not in German or English an official translation has to be additionally provided.
- If you have not yet finished your Bachelor’s studies at the time of your application, please provide an official transcript of all examination results to date and an overall weighted average grade certified by your university's examination office.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation Letter.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
While there is no tuition for standard programs, all students are required to pay a fee of €129,40 for student services.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.