This Sport Management programme at Birkbeck, University of London covers several key areas, such as governance and regulatory issues, with emphasis on the wider sport sector. It will help you to develop a deeper understanding of management, governance and regulatory issues within the business of sport.
The programme is ideally suited to the needs of executives within a variety of sport organisations, such as professional sport clubs, governing bodies, media organisations and sport-related businesses. It is also ideal for members of supporters’ organisations, local government officials with responsibilities in the leisure field, and people with a general interest in the sport and media industries.
- Visiting speakers include experts from sport businesses, the legal profession, football clubs and football regulatory authorities.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Linked to Birkbeck's Sport Business Centre, one of the world's leading centres for sport business and football research, teaching, training, consultancy and policy advice.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in sports administration for sport governing bodies, professional sport clubs such as football clubs, as consultants and/or business and marketing managers in the sport sector, and for public bodies involved in the administration of sport policy. See our sport jobs bulletin for details of current vacancies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Management (Postgraduate)
- Sport Economics and the Design of Competitions
- Sport Event Management
- Sport Governance
- Sport in Society
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Policy and Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 147 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
International students who complete the Sport Management pathway on the International Foundation Programme for Postgraduate Study (Graduate Diploma) by passing all four modules (Academic English Skills for Postgraduate Study; Approaches to Postgraduate Study; Professional Communication Skills; Approaches to Business and Management), including passing Approaches to Business and Management with 60%, are given automatic progression to this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17850 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.