The Master of Fine Arts from University of Auckland provides an opportunity to advance both your creative practice and research abilities. You will develop your chosen specialisation through research and experimentation within a dedicated postgraduate studio environment, encouraging cross-discipline perspectives.
The aim of postgraduate study at Elam is to polish your practice and research skills in order to prepare you to make a meaningful, rich contribution to contemporary art.
There are three common areas where Elam graduates find employment – public sector, private organisations, or as a practising artist or entrepreneurial creative. As the business world looks to innovators, the capabilities developed through a creative education are becoming highly sought-after.
Jobs related to this programme
- Art curator
- Art writer or critic
- Creative director in an agency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Masters Studio
- Fine Arts Thesis
- Fine Arts Research portfolio
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120, 180 or 240
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 33 other Masters in Visual Arts in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed a one-year postgraduate degree, following an undergraduate degree, in fine art, contemporary art or visual art. Your study must have been at a recognised university (or similar institution) and you will need a GPE of 5.0.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in fine art, contemporary art or visual art at a recognised university (or similar institution). You will need a GPE of 5.0 in your final year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29666 USD per year during 12 months.
National5622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5622 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,439.60 – $9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.