Tailor-made for working professionals, this flexible masters attracts graduates who are already working in the teaching, counselling, nursing, social work or other related professions and want to become a counsellor or to advance their counselling qualification.
This Master of Counselling from University of Auckland provides opportunities to examine and develop the inter-related components essential to effective counselling practice – theory, research, advanced skills and reflexivity. If you are a teacher, social worker or professional in a related field, this programme will enable you to become a professional counsellor.
If you are an experienced counsellor, the Master of Counselling will provide you with an opportunity to advance your skills and research capabilities and gain a highly regarded postgraduate qualification.
This programme is suitable for experienced and aspiring individuals who are looking to both broaden and advance their careers as counselling professionals.
Jobs related to this programme
- Counsellor in community settings
- Counsellor in government agencies (such as ACC, Corrections Department)
- Counsellor in private practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counselling Laboratory
- The Counselling Process
- Cultural Issues in Counselling
- Professional Issues in Counselling
- Research and Counselling
- Critical Issues in Counselling Supervision
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
120 or 240
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 45 other Masters in Education in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study in counselling or counselling theory, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution). You will need a GPE of 5.0 in the most advanced courses taken.
Research 240 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in education, counselling, nursing, social work or similar profession. Your study must have been at a recognised university (or similar institution) and you will need a GPE of 5.0 in the most advanced courses taken.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21082 USD per year and a duration of .
National4718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4718 USD per year and a duration of .
- National: NZ$7,696.80 – $7,848
- International: NZ$34,361
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.