This research-based programme is recognised by the New Zealand Audiological Society (NZAS).
Becoming an audiologist involves the completion of the two-year masters programme, followed by one further year of supervised clinical practice, leading to a Certificate of Clinical Competence provided by the NZAS. This is normally undertaken while employed in an audiology clinic.
Facilities such as the University's Hearing and Tinnitus Clinic and The Oticon Foundation Hearing Education Centre provide excellent opportunities for clinical training and continuing education for practising audiologists.
Graduates of this Master of Audiology from University of Auckland have developed the necessary academic knowledge, research and clinical experience to practice audiology at entry-level. Graduates may work as clinicians in the public or private sector or apply to pursue doctoral study.
The University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Auditory Neuroscience
- Basic Diagnostic Audiology
- Central Auditory Function
- Clinical Otolaryngology and Related Sciences
- Hearing Aids and Other Devices for the Hearing Impaired
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 33 other Masters in Human Medicine in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entry to this masters is competitive and is limited to 24 students per year, with selection by academic merit based on your GPE.
- You must have completed a relevant undergraduate degree at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0 or higher.
- A relevant degree may include subjects in one of health sciences, public health, or science. Whether a degree is considered relevant will also depend on the courses taken; relevant areas may include physiology and psychology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31791 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31791 USD per year during 24 months.
National6311 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6311 USD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,797.20 – $9,565.20
- International: NZ$44,310
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.