Gain a sophisticated understanding of the dynamics that drive global politics, and the ability to use this knowledge in fields as diverse as diplomacy, journalism, finance, industry, public relations and risk analysis while studying this MA International Relations: Global Security and Development course at University of Plymouth.
- Gain a understanding of such topical issues as global politics, the rise of religious fundamentalism, human rights, world trade, poverty and climate change.
- Take the opportunity to study the politics of several world regions – Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia – and critically debate their different perspectives.
- Attain invaluable research skills – by studying this programme you will be able to conduct and present an extended piece of research.
- Tailor your masters to match your career aspirations by choosing the subjects that most interest you from a range of elective modules.
Careers with this subject:
Career destinations include the UK Civil Service/Department of International Development; non-governmental organisations such as Social Development Direct, Refugee Services and Latitude Global Volunteering, the armed forces and other public-sector and private sector employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MA Dissertation in Global Security and Development
- Research, Professional Skills and Methodology
- Strategy and Security Studies
International Trade Policy and Politics
Sub-Saharan Africa in the Global Political Economy
International Relations in the Middle East: A Critical Approach
International Relations in Practice
America and the United Nations 1945 to the present
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 511 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- You should have a second-class honours degree or equivalent, or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £450 fee per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.