The Master of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy at KU Leuven aims to train graduates to conduct evidence-based practice in physiotherapy and to develop expertise in a specific domain of rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
Organized in collaboration with other Flemish universities, this programme is highly specialized. All applicants for the Master of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy must begin by taking the Preparatory Programme.
- One of the only programmes in the field that offers an MSc degree where evidence-based practice and strong research are combined. Our research centres top the 17th place on the global QS ranking, 2nd place in Europe.
- Excellent facilities due to close collaboration with University Hospitals Leuven.
- A flexible programme that allows you to custom design the content of your curriculum depending on the competences you wish to acquire. International options: the faculty is very active on an international level; students have the possibility to undertake (part of) the programme’s internship at an institution abroad should they want to.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Medical Imaging for Physiotherapists
Interpreting Scientific Evidence in Rehabilitation Sciences
Research Methodology in Adapted Physical Activity
International Perspectives in Physiotherapy
Physical Activity, Physical Fitness and Mental Health
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy will first have to complete a preparatory programme. To be admitted to the Master of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy students need to pass at least 4 of the 6 courses of the preparatory programme.
- Students who obtained a previous diploma in a programme taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America do not need to submit an additional English proficiency test. Absolutely no other diplomas will be accepted for exemption from the English proficiency requirements, even if the applicant has followed an exclusively English-taught programme.
- All other applicants are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English by submitting the results of an internationally recognized language proficiency test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.