You will deepen your understanding of art history, classical studies, music, philosophy or creative writing, while developing advanced research and analytical skills that will give you the edge in today’s competitive jobs market and prepare you for further academic study.
Key features of the course
- Extends knowledge and skills acquired at undergraduate level
- A choice of pathways enables you to focus your particular subject interest
- Develops critical thinking skills that are highly prized by employers
- Gives you 60 credits towards a masters degree if you wish to study further.
Studying the Postgraduate Certificate in Humanities will provide you with an opportunity to build on skills acquired at undergraduate level. It will further develop your capability to read and analyse large amounts of written material and improve on your ability to convert knowledge acquired during your studies into lucid written responses. These transferable skills are in demand in many areas of the public and private sector, such as advertising, marketing and public relations; educational, charity and development; or government and public administration.
Completing the certificate will give you a worthwhile qualification in its own right, and you can also count the credits towards one of our MAs providing you take account of the unique study rule.
Programme StructureOptional Modules:
- Art History
- Classical Studies
- Creative Writing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 8 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United Kingdom
You must hold an honours degree to study for this qualification. Although your degree need not be in humanities, you must have the basic skills expected of a graduate in that area. All of the modules will bring you up to date with the latest ideas and approaches in humanities but does not offer remedial undergraduate training if your qualifications and/or experience are inadequate. Before you begin the certificate you must be able to:
- write clear, concise, accurate prose
- read large quantities of text quickly, accurately and critically
- classify evidence precisely and assess its value and reliability
- argue logically, consistently and sceptically
- marshal various sorts of evidence to support a logical argument.
International3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!