Option modules on MA Education programme at University of Plymouth include: Early Childhood Studies, modules on sustainability matters, SEN and Inclusion.
Please note that specialist routes and option modules on offer may change, so contact Admissions teams to check availability for your year of application.
- Take the opportunity to research through a specialised pathway, tailored sustainability and outdoor learning modules, or your own area of interest.
- Benefit from Saturday, weekday and evening face-to-face provision and tutorials offering flexibility for professional practitioners.
- Learn from experienced educators who have first-hand familiarity with the challenges and possibilities of educational practice.
- Further develop your expertise in specific educational issues of interest to you.
- Develop the ability to undertake systematic inquiries and the capability to respond to ethical issues through critical analysis and decision making.
Careers with this subject:
The programme provides a clear framework for study, designed to suit both professional practitioners and those interested in the scholarship of education. Our specialist and optional modules are designed to allow you the opportunity to pursue your own areas of interest, supported by knowledgeable and research-active academics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Researching Education Practice in Context
- Masters of Arts in Education Dissertation
- Developing Leadership Skills in Early Childhood Settings
- Thinking About Contemporary Education
- Practice Related Inquiry
- Critical Perspectives on Inclusive Education, Disability and Diversity
- Researching Theory and Practice of Inclusive Education, Disability and Diversity
- Alternatives in Education and Society
- Learning for Sustainability and Global Literacy
- The Experience of Outdoor Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 113 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
- A relevant degree with honours or an equivalent professional qualification. Other qualifications accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field may also be considered. Non-standard applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Please view the country specific pages for further information regarding the equivalency of your degree. International applicants will be required to provide evidence of their English language ability, for example by achieving an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element) or equivalent
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) £500 per 10 credits
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.