In particular, the Data Science program at the Sapienza University of Rome offers the necessary professional knowledge for the development of the big data collection, management, processing and analysis technologies, and the resulting translation of these into key information for the knowledge and decision-making process within innovative business and social sectors.
This two-year degree consists of a first set of 39 credits in key academic disciplines aimed at providing basic Statistics, Engineering, and IT knowledge needed to develop appropriate software tools and infrastructures for the collection, processing and organization of big data and of the mathematical-statistic models useful for their analysis. The 39 credits will include at least 10 credits related to laboratory activities or individual study. These key courses are compulsory for all students, and the credits will be divided as follows: 27 on computer technologies and 12 on statistical subjects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithmic Methods of Data Mining and Laboratory
- Data Science and Laboratory
- Statistical methods in data science and laboratory
- Networking for Big Data and Laboratory
- Data Management for Data Science
- Cloud Computing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data IT Security View 21 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In the presence of prerequisites (a) and (b), students’ personal knowledge will be assessed on the basis of the results obtained with the graduate degree they submit upon applying for admission to the Master’s degree programme.
- Mathematics: Differential and integral calculus for functions of one or more real variables; basic notions of linear algebra and analytic geometry in the plane and in space.
- Probability: random variables, distributions and expected values; main models for random variables; convergence for successions of random variables.
- Computer Science: Programming principles; at least one programming language among C, C++, C#, Java, Python.
Students who do not hold a certificate of B2 level of English or who have not acquired at least 3 credits in English language, will be interviewed to assess their knowledge of the English language.
International2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2924 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2924 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.