Are you a civil engineering graduate? Do you want to improve your technical knowledge and enhance your career prospects? Studying the MSc Civil Engineering at University of Plymouth, you obtain advanced analytical skills in the core subject areas of structural analysis, design and finite element analysis.
- Accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (Institution of Structural Engineers, Institution of Civil Engineers, Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation, Institute of Highway Engineers).
- Be inspired by our £19 million Marine Building, housing the acclaimed COAST laboratory which offers facilities for teaching water and coastal engineering as well as conducting world-class research.
- Benefit from a postgraduate degree accredited as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) or an Accredited IEng (Full) BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree. See www.jbm.org.uk for further information.
- Develop advanced level technical capability in structural analysis and design aspects of civil engineering.
- Learn about management and professional practice at advanced level.
- Undertake a dissertation relating to the range of ongoing civil engineering research in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Recent graduates work in a wide range of consultant, contractor and client organisations, including: Hyder Consulting, Babcock International Group plc, Manhire Associates Consulting Engineers and Maverick Ventures UK Ltd.
- The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) accredited degree
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT) accredited degree
- Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) accredited degree
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) accredited degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Finite Element Modelling and Analysis
Project Management and Professional Practice
Engineering Research Methods and Professional Development
Advanced Hydraulic Engineering
Interdisciplinary Design Project
Advanced Structural Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 94 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a minimum of a lower second-class BEng honours degree (2:2) in civil engineering or an upper second-class BSc honours degree (2:1) in civil engineering.
- If you have considerable professional experience and can evidence an academic ability to undergraduate degree levels you may also be considered.
- If you have overseas qualifications you can check your comparability with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service.
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time (Home) £450 per 10 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.