Are you a qualified health practitioner looking to enhance your knowledge and skills in order to advance your professional practice? Studying this MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Dietetics at University of Plymouth, you’ll be primed to become an evidence-based practitioner, ready to manage and lead in dynamic settings.
- Become an evidence-based practitioner, equipped to manage and lead in busy and constantly changing settings.
- Take the opportunity to study in an inter-professional setting with inter-professional core and optional modules.
- Shape your own learning journey – you’ll have opportunities to tailor your learning in the workplace through module assignments and the Dietetic Practice: Supported Study module.
- Learn from experts in a setting where innovative thinking regards advanced professional development is put into practice.
- Take advantage of the flexibility our programme offers. You can take some of the modules by distance learning, while others are taught via short intensive study blocks to minimise time away from other commitments.
- Complete the programme in one year with the full-time study option or balance work and caring commitments by studying part time over a maximum of five years.
- The full-time route is suitable for international students, who will be supported to choose optional modules with non-clinical assignments.
What skills will I gain?
Our contemporary and flexible teaching approach ensures you will leave the programme with the advanced skills and knowledge to make a real and profound impact on patient care.
The MSc Advanced Professional Practice in Dietetics programme will enable you to:
- Develop your theoretical knowledge and skills in dietetics.
- Develop a critical and analytical approach to dietetics practice.
- Base dietetics practice on the best available research evidence.
- Develop lifelong learning skills.
- Take leading roles in developing practice and education.
- Conduct practice-based research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applying Evidence to Practice
- Diatetic Practice (pathway specific)
- Project Design for Research
- Research Dissertation
Optional module* 20 Credits
Optional modules can be chosen from the Masters level modules A-Z list. Please contact the Professional Development Unit Admissions Team to discuss your options.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 117 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
- You’ll normally have a first degree (BSc (Hons) at 2:2 or above or European first cycle equivalent) in Dietetics. If you are a non UK-based candidate you must be recognised as a dietitian within your own country.
- You’ll be assessed individually for your ability to study at this level and therefore an interview may be necessary. You’ll normally be required to submit a short piece of writing as part of the admissions process.
- Claims for credit for prior learning, whether certificated or experiential are accepted and will be assessed following University regulations and faculty procedures.
- European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
International14800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7740 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £860 per 20 credit module
Living costs for Plymouth
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.