The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) programme at Aston University is suitable for both experienced teachers and those who are early in their teaching career with little classroom experience. The course provides opportunities for in-depth investigations into language pedagogy and the theory of language use and is designed to help you make informed decisions on different aspects of TESOL.
The core modules cover the practical and theoretical background to TESOL/English Language Teaching (ELT), helping you to foster a principled approach to pedagogic practice.
You will study how the English Language works and put your learning into practice with real classroom teaching. Through English teaching, you will develop a deeper understanding of the key principles of classroom activities and will be able to evaluate different approaches to teaching and learning.
Graduates of the programme are employed in a variety of roles in the field of TESOL including teachers, directors of studies, educational managers, as well as setting up their own schools or working freelance. They work in a wide range of educational settings, both in the UK and internationally.
Aston University was recognised as the 'Best University Careers/Employability Service'.
- Theory and Practice of English Language Teaching
- Language Awareness
- English Teaching Practice
- Research Methods in TESOL
- Analysing Discourse
- Course and Materials Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics Teaching English View 121 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
- 2:2 degree. The information contained on this website details the typical entry requirements for this course for the most commonly offered qualifications. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to enquire with the relevant admissions teams prior to application whether or not their qualifications are deemed acceptable. For less commonly encountered qualifications this will be judged on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the academic admissions tutor.
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification.
International22750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.