Modules are designed to reflect staff research and professional expertise, and advance student’s professional and academic development.
Students are supported to become accomplished independent researchers. On graduation they are expected to be highly employable in the area of ecology and environmental management.
The MSc is designed to provide students with the ability to make a positive contribution to understanding ecology and the management of the environment. Central to this is the development of a range of skills and knowledge pertaining to professional practice.
Students on the course are encouraged to engage with professional associations, particularly the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management.
- Principles and theories of ecology and environmental management
- Research methods for ecology and environmental Management
- Biodiversity conservation
- Coastal ecology, change and management
- Field survey
- Professional skills for ecology and environmental management
- Professional practice for ecologists and environmental managers
- Research project
- 12 months
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We advise you to apply for a postgraduate degree as early as possible.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management View 162 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- Normally a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours Degree in a relevant discipline in a relevant discipline such as Environmental Management/Science, Geography, Biological Sciences, or Earth Sciences.
- Applicants with other degree qualifications or equivalent professional experience may also be considered.
- For students whose first language is not English there is a language requirement of IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.0 minimum of all components. In addition to this also we accept a wide range of International Qualifications
International11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The University and the government offer a number of loans and scholarships that can help towards the cost of your postgraduate studies. Funding ranges from £600 to £10,906.
- Postgraduate Loan for Masters Study
- Social Work Bursary
- Postgrad Solutions Bursaries
- Disabled Students Allowance
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.