The research interests of faculty in Art Education from University of British Columbia are diverse.
Our mission is to inspire, engage and provoke educators to understand, inquire into, and model curricular and pedagogical possibilities of deep involvement with the visual arts in culture and society.
Within a large research orientated university situated on traditional Musqueam land, the Art Education Program strives to:
- Stimulate and conduct research within a vibrant and collaborative research community that focuses on methodologies and content relevant to the visual arts in culture and society.
- Provide for, model, and develop socially responsible and ecologically aware exemplary teaching practices in and across contexts with a focus on the visual arts in culture and society.
- Provide leadership, and engage with local, national, and international arts and culture organizations and professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodologies in Education,
- Review of Research in Art Education: Theory and Practice
- Arts-based Educational Research: A/r/tography
- Perspectives, Practice, and Curriculum Issues in Contemporary Art Education
- Historical and Sociol Foundations of Art Education
- Psychological Foundations of Art Education
- Seminar in Art Education
- Technology, Virtual Worlds, and Digital Visual Culture in Art Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Application open dates and deadlines for an upcoming intake have not yet been configured in the admissions system.
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 157 other Masters in Education in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.