The Data Engineering program from Jacobs University Bremen combines big data aspects of “Data Analytics” as well as of “Data Science” with the technological challenges of data acquisition, curation, and management.
Thus, the program provides the essentials for paving the way to a successful career: computer skills and mathematical understanding paired with practical experience in selected application fields. The Data Engineering program attracts students with diverse career goals, backgrounds, and prior work experience.
Therefore, the program offers four focus tracks within which the students can choose to specialize further: Computer Science, Geo-Informatics, Bio-Informatics, and Business & Supply Chain Engineering. These tracks are a preparation for the Advanced Projects within the Discovery Area and the Master Thesis.
Demand for Data Engineers is massive. Typical fields of work encompass the finance sector, the automotive and health industry as well as retail and telecommunications. Companies and institutions in almost every domain need:
- Experts for data acquisition who find out how to collect the data needed;
- Experts for data management who know how to store, enhance, protect and process large amounts of data efficiently;
- Experts for data analysis who evaluate and interpret the collected data correctly and are able to visualize the findings clearly.
- Graduates of the program work as data analysts, data managers, data architects, business consultants, software and web developers, or system administrators;
- Data Acquisition Technologies and Sensor Networks
- Data Engineering In Society
- The Big Data Challenge
- Data Visualization and Image Processing
- Data Analytics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 57 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University transcript in English or German
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent (may be handed in later)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Bremen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships of up to € 12,000 per year.EU students are eligible for a minimum guaranteed scholarship of €4,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.