Thus, the program provides the essentials for paving the way to a successful career: computer skills and mathematical understanding paired with practical experience in selected application fields. The Data Engineering program attracts students with diverse career goals, backgrounds, and prior work experience.
Therefore, the program offers four focus tracks within which the students can choose to specialize further: Computer Science, Geo-Informatics, Bio-Informatics, and Business & Supply Chain Engineering. These tracks are a preparation for the Advanced Projects within the Discovery Area and the Master Thesis.
Demand for Data Engineers is massive. Typical fields of work encompass the finance sector, the automotive and health industry as well as retail and telecommunications. Companies and institutions in almost every domain need:
- Experts for data acquisition who find out how to collect the data needed;
- Experts for data management who know how to store, enhance, protect and process large amounts of data efficiently;
- Experts for data analysis who evaluate and interpret the collected data correctly and are able to visualize the findings clearly.
- Graduates of the program work as data analysts, data managers, data architects, business consultants, software and web developers, or system administrators;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Big Data Challenge
- Data Analytics
- Big Data Bases and Cloud Services
- Machine Learning
- Data Visualization and Image Processing
- Data Acquisition Technologies and Sensor Networks
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Applicants who need a visa to begin their studies in Germany: June 1
- Applicants who do not need a visa to begin their studies in Germany: July 15
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 51 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- University transcript in English or German
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent (may be handed in later)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA20000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- All applicants are considered for merit-based scholarships of up to € 12,000 per year.
- EU students are eligible for a minimum guaranteed scholarship of €4,000.
Each admitted candidate will receive an individual financial package.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.