Work with academics who are internationally recognised for their leadership research and practice. Develop the skills, knowledge and dispositions to be an effective educational leader with this Educational Leadership programme at the University of Waikato.
The School of Education offers an Associate Teacher Postgraduate Study Award to associate teachers in recognition of their work in supporting the School’s initial teacher education programmes and students.
Educational Leadership Programme highlights:
- Develop and enhance leadership skills, knowledge and dispositions to be an effective educational leader
- Inquire into personal leadership practice and organisational systems through strength-based inquiry
- Examine and apply contextual leadership systems and practices to initiate, support and sustain change and innovation in educational contexts
- Understand, critique and contribute to the educational research that is shaping New Zealand's educational policy and develop the required leadership to respond effectively
- Locate leadership work in a framework of social justice and seek to make a difference for high-needs students
- Enhance leadership networks by contributing to a vibrant professional learning community
- Experience flexible delivery (NET/Block course)
- Complete the MEdLeadership at a pace that suits you, part-time while you work or full-time over 18 months
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Māori and critical theories
- Rangahau Kaupapa Māori - Kaupapa Māori Research
- Developing Educational Leadership: Coaching and Mentoring
- Educational Leadership: Inquiry in Organisations and Communities
- Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 54 other Masters in Education in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22759 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22759 USD per year during 18 months.
National5441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5441 USD per year during 18 months.
- Fees (Domestic): $7,558-$8,140 per year
- Fees (International): $31,615 (120 pts) or $47,425 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.