The International Master in Public Procurement Management programme at Tor Vergata University of Rome is characterized by its interdisciplinary content and it is meant to attract public purchasers with relevant experience in procurement as well as young students interested in preparing for a career in public procurement.
The Master run from March to July with classroom lectures followed by distance learning and a mandatory, professional internship in a company or institution which can be in Italy, in the student’s home country or elsewhere. During the classroom period, lectures and advanced level training activities will be part of the programme. Moreover, the professional staff of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development’s Procurement Department will also be involved in the teaching activities, thus prestigiously contributing to the practical orientation of the programme.
Classes are all taught in English, therefore language proficiency is required to successfully attend the courses and to actively participate in all the learning activities.
This programme offers professional procurement specialists the opportunity to improve their skills and upgrade their competences to keep pace with the fast changing field of procurement and subsequently bring the direct improvements and benefits to the public and private companies and institutions that they represent. It is a challenging programme which utilises an international approach to procurement where environmental, ethical, strategic and legal issues are thoroughly examined on a global level.
The field of procurement is predicted to grow significantly in the near future, hence professional opportunities in private and public agencies will open for specialists such as negotiators, contracting officer and contract administrators who have had high level training in procurement issues.
Students of this programme will directly improve their ability to:
- decipher and utilise competitive supply strategies
- improve strategic outsourcing
- create innovative supplier pricing models
- efficiently assess potential suppliers
- capitalise on e-procurement instruments
- reduce company costs while improving product quality
- encourage ethical behaviour through the use of best practice principles and transparency
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Negotiation and team building
- Economics of procurement
- Competition and procurement
- Planning and management of procurement operations
- Quality management
- Contract complaints and disputes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 104 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have either an Italian (2 years) Master of Science University degree (Laurea Magistrale, Laurea Specialistica or Laurea vecchio ordinamento) or an equivalent foreign University degree
- Applicants must have at least five years of prior working experience in procurement. Only a limited number of applicants who have recently graduated and who have little professional experience in procurement will be taken into consideration
- Applicants must be proficient in English, however no proficiency exams or certificates will be required. English knowledge will be evaluated during the interviews with candidates
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.