The Global Film and Television (Online) programme from the University of Hertfordshire is innovative in engaging with comparative close readings of US film beyond Hollywood, of World Cinema, and of contemporary television. The course leads the way in employing cutting-edge advancements in Film and Television Studies, such as the audio visual essay and digital curation. The course’s online delivery means that you will benefit from greater flexibility, innovative teaching and learning strategies via the latest developments in social media and digital technology.
Why choose this course?
With the University of Hertfordshire’s innovative online distance learning programme, you can study for a MA Global Film and Television at your own pace, without ever having to set foot on campus.
You will benefit from:
- Flexible study- fit your degree around your work and life commitments.
- Support from experienced and well qualified tutors.
- No campus-based exams – assessment is by coursework and online tests.
- Pay as you study and possible tuition fee loan eligibility (UK/EU students only).
- Being part of a dynamic and supportive online community of like-minded students.
- No travel or student accommodation costs.
Graduates are equipped for a variety of careers including those traditionally open to Masters Graduates in the Arts and Humanities: teaching, the Civil Service, Local Government, journalism, marketing, film curation and exhibition, and publishing as well as for further study at postgraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Style and Meaning in Film and Television
- Screen Curation
- Global Screen Violence
- Research Methods: Critical and Theoretical Debates
- Research Methods: Advanced Research Skills
- Dissertation/Extended Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media International Relations View 16 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
- A good Bachelor’s degree (minimum 2.2 or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Access to computer equipment.
- An interview is not a required component of the admissions process, but all applicants will be invited to an informal online discussion with the Programme Leader prior to admission (via Skype).
- International students should have an English Language assessment of IELTS 7, or equivalent as determined by the School of Humanities.
International9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9360 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9360 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
- £780 per 15 credits for the academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.