Disaster impacts and conflict reduce or reverse economic growth, diminish household capacity and plunge an ever-increasing number of people into poverty. Despite all our efforts, inequality continues to increase, as does our global population’s vulnerability to disaster.
Studied on campus or 100% online and learning from our team and alumni associates in disaster management, humanitarian assistance, capacity building and disaster risk reduction, this specialist master’s course encompasses up-to-date thinking in disaster theory, management policy, strategy and practice. The modules that comprise this course are specifically designed for those on the MSc Disaster Management and Resilience course.
Our part-time students of the Disaster Management and Resilience course at Coventry University are often sponsored by their employers, and successful completion of this postgraduate level qualification could provide the credibility needed to progress in your organisation and career.
Through the course we explore how modern society is creating ever more complex risk and interdependency. The impact of features such as societal inequalities, social tension, extremism, global supply and economic instability, reliance on technology, severe weather conditions, pandemic disease and climate change means that there are now many career opportunities in this field.
When you successfully graduate, you could pursue or further a career in sectors including national and local government, NGO’s, UN organisations and other regional organisations, healthcare or consultancy.
Our current teaching staff and the university’s Talent Team can support your search for employment in the UK or overseas by making use of our 25 years of alumni network industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disaster Risk, Resilience, Adaptation & Sustainability
- Training & Exercise Design and Delivery
- Resilience, Security & Emerging Technologies
- Community Preparedness, Recovery & Resilience
- Humanitarian Principles, Preparedness and Response
- Disaster Interventions, Evaluation and Learning
- Risk, Incident and Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Emergency & Disaster Management View 1544 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or professional experience only will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- English as a Foreign Language Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5, or TOEFL 600. If you have IELTS 6.0 you may be eligible to study our online pre-sessional English course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.