This Disaster Management and Resilience MSc at Coventry University helps you to be able to contribute to the strengthening of community, professional, organisational, national and international capacity to deal with complex multifactorial disasters, developing strategies which could increase resilience to acute and chronic threats to both economies and societies.
Previous graduates have gone to work here in the UK and in countries all over the world, including Denmark, Finland, Germany, Bangladesh, China, Pakistan, the United States and Canada. Some have taken up roles as planning officers, emergency planners, international humanitarian coordinator, disaster risk reduction analysts and deployable emergency response managers, while others have joined emergency services, public administration or pursued research and lecturing within education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disaster Risk, Resilience, Adaptation & Sustainability
- Training & Exercise Design and Delivery
- Resilience, Security & Emerging Technologies
- Community Preparedness, Recovery & Resilience
- Risk, Incident & Leadership
- Researching Perspectives & Practice
- Humanitarian Principles, Preparedness & Response
- Disaster Interventions, Evaluation and Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 40 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enter this course you should have a first or second class honours degree in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or with a qualification in other subject areas will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- Applicants without a first degree, but who have considerable relevant work experience and/or a relevant professional development qualification, will also be considered for admission to the Programme, on merit. Such applicants will be interviewed and may be required to provide supportive evidence of their career to date.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.