This Applied Accounting and Finance programme at Hong Kong Baptist University integrates applied knowledge and skills in accounting and finance to train professionals who will be at home in both fields.
- To enhance students’ understanding of the state-of-the-art knowledge in accounting and finance;
- To develop students’ analytical, judgmental, and conceptual minds;
- To equip students with the solid accounting and finance knowledge and practical skills needed for managing their organizations;
- To prepare students to advance further in their professional careers, or to continue their studies in the relevant fields, and
- To facilitate students to prepare for relevant professional qualification examinations.
Programme Learning Goals (LGs)
- Students will be able to integrate contemporary accounting knowledge and skills to solve real-life accounting issues.
- Students will be able to apply contemporary finance theories and skills to tackle financial matters.
- Students will be able to critically analyse different accounting and finance cases according to rational decision making procedures.
- Students will be able to explain the key issues relating to the ethical and professional responsibilities of the accounting and finance profession under a changing environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Corporate Financial Reporting
- Strategic Management Accounting and Controls
- Issues on Internal and External Auditing
- Accounting Theory and Policy
- Corporate Finance
- Investment and Portfolio Analysis
- Financial Strategy
- Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation
- Corporate Governance and Disclosures
- Financial Regulations and Compliance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Auditing View 26 other Masters in Finance in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree with honours in Business from a recognized university or comparable institution, or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent (e.g., a professional qualification in accounting or finance field such as CPA/ACCA from designated accounting bodies, CFA from Institute of Certified Financial Analysts, CMA from Institute of Management Accountants, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in other disciplines with relevant experience and/or training in Accounting, Finance, Management or related fields;
- full-time mode applicants are required to provide a satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Proof of English proficiency
International27056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27056 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National21684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21684 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- HK$210,000 for non-local students
- HK$168,300 for local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- International Postgraduate Scholarship
- Diversity Contribution Scholarship
- Excellence Academic Performance Scholarship
- Entrance Scholarship (for Full-time applicants only)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.