Why you should study MA Interiors (Architecture and Design) at Middlesex University?
The potential of the ‘interior’ is explored across a range of contemporary contexts, through field research and interpretation, studio workshop and media practices, critical analysis and design.
As public, political and commercial concern grows with the future suitability and sustainability of our urban environments, the need for inspired and innovative leadership in the re-imagining, re-use and transformation of our existing buildings and interiors becomes ever more urgent.
This Interiors (Architecture and Design) MA course is structured to allow you to identify and explore your own particular interests within interiors, enabling you to investigate examples of conceptual and spatial manifestation and application. You will generate propositions to test, demonstrate and explain your approach, and to develop in-depth strategies by which your ideas and proposals can be implemented. You will challenge and redefine what constitutes the 'interior' through experimental learning, making, designing, critical analysis, and narrative techniques. You will gain the relevant contemporary knowledge, advanced design skills and subject insights to develop, consolidate, apply and promote a personal design practice that can meet the tests and challenges of tomorrow.
- Our facilities are among the best in the UK, with cutting edge technologies, such as 3D printing, 2D laser-cutting, CNC Routing, large format digital printing, all available in a dedicated workshop with expert technical support
- An exhibition of your work in central London to create networking opportunities, build industry contacts in a professional environment
- Direct access to London's design world with valuable industry links to a range of industry specialists, galleries, studios, businesses, libraries and collections
- Access to networking opportunities, world-leading research and expertise through the Art & Design Research Institute (ADRI) on campus
This course will prepare you for a diverse range of careers foremost within the interior design, architecture and wider design industry, but also within other creative and cultural industries. These may include product, furniture, exhibition design, spatial design and more. You may also decide to pursue careers in further research and teaching. We encourage students to work in the industry and support links with professional industry during and after graduating.Our graduates are now working as:
- Interior designers
- Product Designers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Practice
- Critical Debates
- Exploring Spaces
- Advanced Research
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place .
DisciplinesVisual Arts Interior Design View 365 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- We normally require a good honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification, in Interior Architecture, Architecture, Interior Design or Design , although other subjects may be valid
- We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time per taught credit: £57
- Part-time per taught credit: £93
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.