Graduates of the Medical Biotechnologies programme offered by the University of Siena are able to design and organize effectively research plans in autonomy, in the field of biotechnology applied to medicine; they are able to manage and coordinate programs of development in biotechnology applied to human medicine and aimed at the protection, promotion and recovery of health.
At the end of the biennium, graduates in Medical Biotechnology will have acquired the knowledge and technical skills to integrate professionally in the areas identified in the specific Study Plan of the Course.
Graduates will be able to use, also as consultants, in:
- pharmaceutical, diagnostic, cosmetic and biomaterial companies;
- chemical-biotechnological and biological-molecular analysis laboratories;
- clinical analysis laboratories, hygiene and prophylaxis);
- research institutes and public or private, national and international companies in the biotechnology sector applied to the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, vaccines and biomaterials fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biotechnologies for Drug Discovery
- Biotechnologies in Clinical Medicine
- Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Information Engeneering for Biotechnology
- Next Generation Genetics and Genomics
- Vaccines and Vaccine Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Health Sciences View 18 other Masters in Health Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enroll, good knowledge is required in the field of histology and anatomy (molecular cytology, tissue structure), biochemistry and molecular biology (cellular and molecular biochemistry), human pathology (molecular and phenotypic bases of pathological processes), immunology (knowledge of the immune system), of microbiology (bacteriology and virology) of genetics (bases of classical genetics).
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
International756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The tuition fee is calculated according to the country of origin and ranges from a minimum of € 756 to a maximum of € 2,626 (per year).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.