The MSc in Finance program offered by the University of Siena is intended to prepare students for a wide range of careers both inside and outside the financial industry, including advanced corporate finance, financial engineering and risk management, quantitative asset management, macroeconomic and financial forecasting, quantitative trading, and applied research.
This programme is dedicated to students who have a first degree (or equivalent) in eco¬nomics or in subjects providing quantitative and financial skills.
The MSc in Finance will provide knowledge in three main fields:
- Quantitative Area. Students study in depth the methods used in financial markets to price financial securities: basic principles of stochastic calculus, no-arbitrage principle and risk neutral (martingale) pricing, derivatives pricing, interest rate derivatives, stochastic volatility models, financial econometrics.
- Economic Area. Students are exposed to the theoretical framework of modern financial economics: microeconomic models for business and finance, models with asymmetric information and decision under uncertainty, monetary economics and central banking approaches;
- Management Area. Our fundamental courses will provide the knowledge to study financial behaviour of financial and non-financial firms and financial markets.
Moreover, regulation of financial markets will be analysed in order to learn how financial players are subject to regulation constraints.
The programme provides several international mobility programs at qualified European (Erasmus), North American and Australian universities, as well as double degree programs with the University of Ljubljana and the Romanian-American University (Bucarest). More double degree agreements are in progress.
Jobs in Financial Markets
Skills associated with the function:
- Analyst for risk and return factors of the different types of investments
- Market factors and regulatory constraints affecting trading and management strategies
- Proprietary portfolio manager
- Portfolio manager with third parties
- Trader in the financial markets
- Skills associated with the function:
Determinants of risk and profitability factors in the different market segments. Market factors and regulatory constraints affecting portfolio and trading strategies. Measurement and control of financial risks.
- Risk manager
- Financial Consultant
- Market analyst
- Managers of financial intermediaries
- Managers in financial directorates of non-financial corporations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Valuation
- English for Economics & Business
- Financial Investments and Risk Management
- Financial Modeling
- Fundamentals of Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Econometrics View 36 other Masters in Business Administration in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Normally, students admitted hold a three-year university degree (bachelor). Admission requirements depend upon the first level degree obtained by the student:
- Degree in business or economics: at least 12 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematics for economics and finance and at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in finance or corporate finance.
- Degree in science (including mathematics) or engineering: at least 18 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematical methods and at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in finance or corporate finance or, alternatively, at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in financial mathematical modelling.
International756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 756 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The tuition fee is calculated according to the country of origin and ranges from a minimum of € 756 to a maximum of € 2406 (per year).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.