Graduates typically go on to work in investment banks, private equity firms, asset managers and non-financial institutions.
The curriculum of the Finance programme offered by the University of Siena puts a particular emphasis on corporate finance, financial engineering and risk management, quantitative asset management, macroeconomic analysis, quantitative trading, and financial regulation.
Helping students to find the right job after graduation is our commitment.
Through a mix of theory and practice, interaction with finance practitioners and empirical sessions in our info-providers lab facilities, our MSc has been designed as a smooth transition to the finance industry.
Skills associated with the function:
- Analyst for risk and return factors of the different types of investments
- Market factors and regulatory constraints affecting trading and management strategies.
- Proprietary portfolio manager.
- Portfolio manager with third parties.
- Trader in the financial markets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Valuation
- English for Economics & Business
- Financial Investments and Risk Management
- Financial Modeling
- Fundamentals of Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Econometrics View 36 other Masters in Business Administration in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Normally, students admitted hold a three-year university degree (bachelor). Admission requirements depend upon the first level degree obtained by the student:
- Degree in business or economics: at least 12 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematics for economics and finance and at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in finance or corporate finance.
- Degree in science (including mathematics) or engineering: at least 18 ECTS (or equivalent) in mathematical methods and at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in finance or corporate finance or, alternatively, at least 8 ECTS (or equivalent) in financial mathematical modelling.
The amount of tuition fees is based on both the student’s family income, as declared in the ISEE certification.The ISEE values for the calculation of contribution range from a minimum of € 16.000,00 up to a maximum of € 90.000,00 in order to properly consider the real economic conditions of the family. For ISEE less than € 16.000,00 no contribution is expected.
Living costs for Siena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.