The programme also provides in-depth training in one of the major East Asian languages: Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- The focus of the Asian Studies programme from Stockholm University is developing the student's ability to interdisciplinary analysis of East Asia as a whole, and Japan, China and Korea specifically. Advanced knowledge in one of the three languages is considered central for achieving this goal.
- By combining an interdisciplinary approach with country specific knowledge, the student is given the opportunity to focus on issues central for the region and contextualize East Asia on a global level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Issues and Approaches in East Asian Studies
- Cultural Flows and Political Relations in East Asia
- Scientific Methods and Research Ethics
- Advanced Japanese
- Advanced Chinese
- Advanced Korean
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (including a thesis of at least 15 ECTS credits in either Chinese, Japanese or Korean) in Asia's Languages and Cultures, or the equivalent thereof.
- Swedish upper secondary school course English B/English 6 or equivalent.
International8935 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17870 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Applies to citizens from outside EU, EEA or Switzerland. First instalment: 45000 SEK. The complete programme: 180000 SEK.
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.