Through this Tourism Management degree offered at the University of Westminster you will learn about the nature and characteristics of tourism and explore how it can be marketed, managed and planned, examining cases from around the world. Your management and entrepreneurial skills will be developed to assist you in finding employment in many different parts of this dynamic and growing industry.
Annual student feedback for the course is very positive, with teaching, staff contract and course content receiving particular praise. This reflects the tourism team's efforts to provide a valuable and effective course as well as a supportive, friendly and stimulating environment for your studies.You will study at the heart of London, one of the world's leading tourism destinations. Site visits, integrated in the course modules, will allow you to explore a wide variety of aspects of the dynamic tourism industry.
Graduates of this course have gone on to establish careers in a wide variety of fields around the world, including:
- national and regional tourism organisations in the UK and overseas
- marketing roles with transport organisations such as airlines and tourism destinations
- working for companies specialising in business tourism
Some of our graduates have launched their own travel agency businesses, while others work in a variety of management roles in hotels, and in consultancy roles for tourism research organisations.
- Destination Development - Case Study Perspectives
- Research and Communication Skills
- The Business of Tourism
- Tourism Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Airline and Airport Management
- Creating the Attraction and Event Experience Shapes
- Global Festivals and Events
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no official deadlines for applications to the University of Westminster.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 77 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
- The course is aimed at graduates seeking to establish or develop a management career in the tourism industry in the UK or abroad. As a minimum, you should have a good Honour's degree or equivalent.
- Exceptionally an applicant without these formal qualifications, but with considerable work experience in the tourism or related industries, may be accepted at the discretion of the Course Leader.
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-Time (Price per 20-credit module)
- UK/EU: £900
- International: £1,400
As well as tuition fee loans, there is a range of funding available to help you fund your studies.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.