In today's business environment effective project management (PM) is an integral influencer of success. Additionally, PM-associated skills such as planning, risk management, quality management and communication management are essential to control the increasingly complex projects that allow top organisations to remain competitive in the global market. A Master’s in project management is sought after by many organisations, both in the public and the private sector. The course is suitable for graduates in business, computing and engineering, with an affinity for organising, running or participating in projects.
The project management processes that you will learn on this course are aligned with the Project Management Bodies of Knowledge by Project Management Institute and is widely accepted as best practice in the area of project management.
This MSc Project Management degree offered at the University of Westminster involves both theoretical and practical content. It offers you the chance to build on your first degree or work experience with a range of knowledge and skills, enabling you to successfully manage the increasing number of projects instigated by organisations seeking to improve their value proposition.
The majority of graduates start their career as project team members with a few, depending on their background, becoming project programme managers. Many work for large UK or international organisations as consultants or project managers.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Project management foundations
- Project Management in Practice
- Management of Risk and Scheduling
- Project Finance and Procurement
- Project Management Project
- Programme and Strategic Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesProject Management View 239 other Masters in Project Management in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree (2:2). Relevant degree disciplines include business studies, economics, events management, and operations research.
- However, students with qualifications in other disciplines, such as engineering, IT, environmental sciences, the humanities and languages are also encouraged to apply.
- Alternative professional qualifications with at least three years' relevant professional experience will also be considered.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
FundingStudent Finance England (SFE) funding
A postgraduate loan of up to £10,280 is available. Courses must be stand-alone at postgraduate masters level. Courses can be taught or research-based. Eligible courses include MA, MSc, LLM, MBA, MRes and MPhil.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.