The Cybersecurity programme of the International Hellenic University is also designed to deliver cutting-edge, up-to-date cybercrime investigation techniques, strategies and tactics that allow students to understand and tackle emerging trends in cybercrime.
This program enhances knowledge and develop practical skills in cybercrime while offers in-depth study, develop critical, analytical and technical skills involving the principles, practices and techniques of Cybercrime Investigation. The courses include lectures and laboratories exercises with the later technologies by leading academics from Greece and abroad, along with projects and dissertation work, which ensures that graduate students equipped with state-of-the-art scientific knowledge and modern practical skills, on their way to become highly competitive at international level.
The main subject areas included in the taught modules:
- Digital Forensics
- Intrusion detection and Network Security
- Security Audit & Compliance
This program is designed for University graduates of Informatics/Computer Science, Electrical Engineering but also of Natural Sciences, Economic and Business Departments, with a background in ICT and a strong motivation to pursue a career in Cyber Security.
Graduates from the MSc in Cybersecurity programme can play a pivotal role in the unremitting operation of virtually any company or organization, by safeguarding their most valuable asset, their information. Therefore, a multitude of employment opportunities are envisaged for graduates of this programme. Indicatively they include:
- ICT companies
- Government organisations and institutions
- Multinational Corporations and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- e-business companies
- Mobile network providers and broadband Internet providers
- Sensor networks and telematics companies
- Consulting and auditing companies
- Research institutes
- Education, training and certification
- Defense industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Networks
- Information Systems Security
- Data Protection and Cryptography
- Legal and Ethical Foundations of Privacy and Security
- Cybercrime and Incident Response
- Computer Forensics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A completed application form, including personal statement (500 words)
All candidates should have a good university degree in a relevant subject from a recognised University. In evidence of this, candidates should provide the following:
- For graduates of Greek Universities, a clearly legible photocopy or scanned copy of your degree certificate and transcripts, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
- For graduates of non-Greek institutions, certified copies of your degree certificate and transcripts are required, detailing the courses studied and grades attained.
Two academic references
Proof of competence in English
Two recent passport-size photographsA copy of your CV
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 14 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 14 months.
Living costs for Thessaloníki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.