Students in the Global Business Journalism program at the Tsinghua University benefit from a faculty that includes award-winning journalists from media such as Bloomberg News and The New York Times as well as renowned Chinese scholars with degrees from prestigious international institutions.
The facilities at Tsinghua include a laboratory of 10 Bloomberg terminals, the largest such installation at any university in the world, which gives students access to an unparalleled database of financial and economic information used by sophisticated professionals. Classrooms have the latest technology for displaying multimedia reporting projects. In 2012 the Journalism School added a virtual television studio, where computer-generated and real objects can be merged seamlessly, as well as a media convergence laboratory offering students the latest tools to develop skills needed for digital journalism.
- The GBJ program has borne rich fruit, with nine graduating classes of 326 master's degree recipients from 60 countries, who are establishing themselves in domestic and foreign media, government, communications and educational fields.
- Graduates are working in major media such as China Daily, South China Morning Post, People's Daily, Economic Observer, China Securities Journal, Korean Broadcasting System, Xinhua News Agency, Global Times, Radio Beijing and China Radio International, as well as multinationals such as Deloitte, Ogilvy & Mather, Saatchi & Saatchi, Shell and IBM.
- Results from an ongoing survey of employers shows they give high marks to the graduates for their journalism skills as well as their knowledge of business and global economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cutting-edge courses such as “Multimedia Business Reporting,” “Data Mining,” “Economics and Accounting for Journalists” and "Corporate Strategies” make full use of the school's premier facilities.
- Students get practical training in writing about Chinese and international companies and financial instruments such as stocks, bonds and collateralized debt obligations. They learn how macroeconomic concepts such as fiscal and monetary policy affect businesses and individuals.
- They create videos, slideshows with sound and graphics that help them tell business stories in multiple dimensions. They do presentations that compare coverage of news events by Chinese and foreign media. They learn to analyze balance sheets and income statements to produce stories that go beneath the surface and explain the meaning of events.
- A survey of GBJ alumni found that they placed highest value on their courses in writing and coverage of business and economic issues.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Journalism & Media View 10 other Masters in Journalism & Media in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement. Master's degree program applicants should submit a Personal Statement.
- Degree certificate. Master's degree program applicants should submit their Bachelor's degree certificate.
- Academic transcript. Master's degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of their undergraduate study.
- Two online academic recommendation letters from scholars who have the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references.
- For non-English-speaking students, please provide English level certificates. e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
- Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport).
International5047 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5047 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5047 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5047 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
RMB 39000 /year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.