The Psychology programme at the Stellenbosch University focuses on the acquisition and broadening of knowledge in a specific area of Psychology. It also aims to development your research skills, particularly with respect to the planning and execution of research and the reporting of research results. On completion of the thesis, in consultation with the supervisor, you must prepare a paper for publication which is based on your research.
What we offer
These programmes are based on research leading to a thesis in the case of the master's or a dissertation in the case of the doctorate, contributing 100% to the final mark. Research in these programmes is usually part of departmental research projects. These include projects on:
- Culture and mental health
- Women's mental health
- Family well-being
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sexuality and HIV/Aids
- Childhood fears
- Applied community psychology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology
- Social Psychology
- Career Psychology
- Community Psychology
- Family Psychology
- Child Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Psychology Sociology View 23 other Masters in Sociology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your contract
- Student support form (Students with special needs)
- Qualification documents - Please ensure that you upload qualification documents for each tertiary qualification obtained and that the documents is official and certified. This implies that your original qualification documents (academic transcript and accompanying degree certificate) which you recieved upon graduation must be stamped and signed by the awarding institution
- Proof of English Language proficiency
- An Honours degree in Psychology or an equivalent qualification acceptable to Senate for admission to the programme
- Applications must be accompanied by a brief, preliminary research proposal
International3530 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3530 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
National2258 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2258 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- SADC and Africa: R45,000
- International: R70,350
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.