Master’s programme in Robotics and Computer Engineering trains highly qualified roboticists, computer and space engineers. The programme provides broad knowledge in the field of robotics, computer engineering or space technology.
Graduates can work in enterprises or research and development centres connected to their field of study.
Why study Robotics and Computer Engineering at UT?
- Become a highly qualified roboticist, computer and space engineer.
- Student satellite ESTCube-1, designed by our staff and students, was launched in 2013, making Estonia the 41st space nation in the world. Students are currently working on the next one.
- You will gain work experience in a research group or at an enterprise either in Estonia or abroad.
- After graduation, you can set up your own technology company or work in an enterprise or a research centre connected to your field of study.
- Participate in the robot football competition RoboCup SPL, robotics competition Robotex, student satellite project and Science Bus club.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Curriculum structure: 120 ECTS
Core module (24 ECTS): Data Analysis and Computational Methods with MATLAB, Data Acquisition and Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Distributed Systems, Technical Graphics, Computational Physics
Seminar module (12 ECTS):
- Master’s Seminar
- Practical Training
- Teaching Practice
Specialisation module (24 ECTS) – choice of 3 modules:
- Robotics (24 ECTS)
- Computer Engineering (24 ECTS)
- Space Technology (24 ECTS)
Elective module (24 ECTS) – choice of 4 modules:
- Internship (24 ECTS)
- Leadership module (24 ECTS)
- Business module (24 ECTS)
- Semester abroad (24 ECTS) – can be used to replace any specialisation or elective module
Optional courses (6 ECTS) – all courses available at the university
Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
Senior Research Fellow in Materials Technology Heiki Kasemägi, Programme Director.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prerequisite courses in the following fields, in total for the value of 45 ECTS: higher mathematics (6 ECTS), physics (6 ECTS), programming (6 ECTS) and computer hardware (3 ECTS); courses in electronics, computer engineering, computer technology or informatics - minimum for the value of 24 ECTS
- English language proficiency
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition waivers and monthly stipends are available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.