The MBA - Master of Business Administration programme of University of Worcester focuses on the very latest management techniques and includes an optional 6-month internship and membership/additional qualifications from the prestigious Chartered Management Institute.
The MBA enables students with no direct prior management experience to be exposed to some of the challenges and tensions that exist within the management levels of the contemporary organisation. The broad curriculum allows students to collectively consider issues facing business today, analysing business and organisational problems, developing the ability to recognise and exploit opportunities, and to act in a decisive and entrepreneurial way to gain Advantage.
- No previous work experience required
- Optional 6-month internship
- Certificate in Strategic Management (CMI qualification) optionally awarded* upon successful completion of the course which will greatly impact your long-term career aspirations. You will also have access to Associate Membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Free entry to our Worcester Enterprise events allowing you to network with successful entrepreneurs and leading business academics.
- A multinational programme, typically attracting students from over 20 countries, enabling you to share your experience and build a global mindset.
Where could it take you?
Your understanding of financial management, gained through the MBA, will allow you to operate effectively and efficiently in many different business roles. Possible career options include corporate financial management, accountancy, investment management and consultancy.
Subject to permission by the UK borders Agency on application of your visa you can choose to take a 6 month internship, extending the 12 month Masters course to 18 months. Whilst an internship of your choice is not guaranteed the Business School will support you to be successful in finding a suitable internship to gain important experience within the UK workforce.
Students choosing to undertake the optional internship will have access to a placements preparation module and careers advice and support, which will assist you in preparation for interviews, CV writing, understanding assessment centres etc. Thereafter, you will be able to apply to spend your internship at an organisation of your choice, anywhere in the UK or abroad (once confirmed with the Placements Office). Students have taken internships in DHL, Daimler, Borwell, Herefordshire & Worcestershire Fire and Rescue Service, ISOQS, Sight Concern, Southco, St Richards Hospice, and Worcestershire County Cricket Club.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Business Investigation & Discovery
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Delivering Change
- International Operations' Management
- Strategic Marketing in the Digital Economy
- Strategic Resourcing and Talent Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 648 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- A first or second class Bachelor degree (equivalent qualifications can be considered).
- The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK / EU, EEA: 590 GBP per 15 credits
- INTERNATIONAL: 1,142 GBP per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.