The Statistics program of the National Cheng Kung University will:
- Teach students statistical research methods, data analysis tools as well as consulting techniques for business, medical and industrial applications.
- Provide a curriculum that combines the statistical knowledge in theory, practice and various applications.
- Develop socially responsible statisticians with global perspectives.
Graduate Design of Curriculum
As far as the design of curriculum is concerned, in addition to theoretical and professionalcourses, training in research methods and consulting are also emphasized. Both their theoretical and practical skills enable students to obtain positive recognition after graduation. Three major activities of the Department are as follows:
- To establish an administrative and consulting center for economic statistics by cooperating with other departments in the College of Management and large-scale businesses in Tainan.
- To develop industrial statistics by cooperating with departments of the College of Engineering, industries in southern Taiwan, and firms in the High-Tech Park that has been established in the metropolitan Tainan in the near future.
- To provide medical colleges with necessary statistical assistance for research in hospital management, public health, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Methods
- Statistical Consulting
- Topics on Statistical Consulting
- Analysis of Variance
- Theory of Sample Surveys
- Theory and Application of Nonparametric Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to provide the statement of purpose. Other supporting documents, such as publications and/or statement of work experience are optional.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to provide English proficiency certificate, such as TOEFL IBT 71/ TOEFL CBT 197 / TOEFL paper 530/ IELTS level 6.0 or above/ TOEIC 600 or above.
- Chinese proficiency certificate is preferred. Applicants who fail to provide the mentioned certificate are required to complete the Chinese Classes for Foreign Students (CFS) offered by National Cheng Kung University Chinese Language Center, and are expected to pass the NCKU Chinese Proficiency Test (NCKU CPT) during the first year of their program.
- Most of the courses are offered in Chinese.
International2400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1200 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- International: 34,740 NTD per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.