The Civil Infrastructure Management and Maintenance programme at the University of Cape Town draws from a number of fields including civil and structural engineering, construction planning and project management.
The primary aim of the MSc(Eng) and PM(Eng) specialising in Civil Infrastructure Management and Maintenance is to produce graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to engage effectively in structural and materials engineering with respect to maintenance, rehabilitation and management of civil infrastructure. The broad areas of interest are deterioration science, assessment technologies, and renewal engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Infrastructure Management
- Deterioration and Condition Assessment of Concrete Structures
- Elective course(s) of the list below
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Repair and Rehabilitation of Concrete Structures
- Structural Performance Assessment & Monitoring
- Structural Concrete Properties and Practice
- Structural Dynamics with Applications
- Condition Assessment and Remedial Action on Steel Structures
- Safety of Special Structures
- Bridge Management and Maintenance
- Non-Destructive Testing of Concrete Structures
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 14 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applications should be submitted as early as possible in the applications cycle, which commences in April of each year. An application fee is payable with every application, except in the case of most graduates of UCT.
Current learners at school should ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of grade 12 are submitted. Failure to submit these results may result in delays. Transferring students should ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible, and that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.
International3764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3764 USD per year and a duration of .
National1608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1608 USD per year and a duration of .
- National : R 27 000
- International fee: R 63 200
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.