The Master of Urban Planning from University of Auckland encourages advanced exploration and critical analysis of a significant planning issue. Suitable for people with a New Zealand qualification in planning or urban planning, the MUrbPlan is a research-based programme in which you can investigate issues in the design, technology, history, equity and diversity, policy or practice of planning.
An MUrbPlan will prepare you for a research career. You may choose to pursue doctoral study or academia, or contribute as a specialist in research reports, planning consultation processes and developments.
Jobs related to this programme
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You can choose to present your research either as a thesis of approximately 35,000–40,000 words, or as a substantial research portfolio alongside advanced coursework.
- You can immerse yourself in our supportive research environment, engaging in discourse and debate with School staff and students engaged in similar critical analysis in the field.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction International Development Urban Planning View 8 other Masters in Urban Planning in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You must have completed at least an undergraduate degree from a recognised university (or similar institution) in urban planning, planning or related field, such as town planning, urban planning, and planning.
- You will need a GPE of 5.0 in your final year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25248 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5274 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,917.60 – $10,650
- International: NZ$37,895
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.