You will learn advanced approaches and interventions in social work practice, and develop knowledge, skills and experience in critiquing and undertaking social work research to enhance your practice.
The programme enables social work practitioners to undertake further study in subjects related to their professional practice and then undertake research in an area of special interest.
This postgraduate programme is for qualified social workers. If you are looking for a postgraduate programme to become a qualified social worker see: Master of Social Work (Professional).
If you are a qualified social worker, this programme will enable you to inquire into an area of interest and prepare you for advanced professional responsibility in your practice.
Jobs related to this programme
- Community development worker
- Hospital/medical social worker
- Industrial relations officer
- Policy analyst
- Probation officer
- Social researcher
- Social worker
- Youth worker
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Family Counselling
- Pastoral Care and Counselling in Schools
- The Practice of Professional Supervision
- Advanced Approaches in Professional Supervision
- Managing & Developing People in Human Services
- Special Topic: Practice Teaching and Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 18 other Masters in Social Work in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study in social work, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution). You will need a GPE of 5.0.
Research 240 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in social work at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23351 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23351 USD per year during 12 months.
National5184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5184 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$7,782 – $7,934.40
- International: NZ$35,048
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.