On this course, you'll use your previous knowledge and skills to improve renewable energy, and the efficiency of power generation. You'll unpack up-to-date skills and learn advanced concepts in the operation, control, design, regulation and management of the power systems and networks of the future.
Whether you're a recent graduate or a professional already working in the field of sustainable electrical power and energy generation, once you complete the course, you'll be in a strong position to pursue a career as an engineer at an advanced level, in the field of energy and power systems management.
You can start this course in October/September or February/January (full time only in February/January).
On this course you'll:
- Hear from guest speakers who are experts in the industry
- Learn about Electrical Power Systems Technology, Electrical Machines and Drives, Smart Grid Fundamentals, Renewable and Alternative Energy, Sensors and Measurement Systems, Engineering Management, Economics and Risk Analysis
- Improve your skills in the operation, control, design, regulation and management of power systems and networks of the future
- Use computational tools to understand the design of sustainable electrical power systems and networks and regulatory frameworks
- Critically evaluate methodologies, analytical procedures and research methods in energy and power systems management
- Bring together your technical and non-technical knowledge, to solve problems of a complex nature
- Learn in a challenging and stimulating environment, with specialist experimental and computational facilities dedicated to Power System Engineering
There's a growing skills shortage in the field of energy and power systems management, so our MSc Energy and Power Systems Management degree course at University of Portsmouth will give you a great foundation for a successful career in this expanding, dynamic arena.
If you're already a practicing engineer with professional experience, this course is an opportunity to update your knowledge of current design practice and also to familiarise yourself with developments in codes and methods of analysis.
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Electrical Power Systems Technology
- Energy Management, Economics and Risk Analysis
- Individual Project
- Nuclear Technology
- Renewable and Alternative Energy
- Smart Grid Fundamentals
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Make your application as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 140 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.