The Geography program of University of Guelph reflects our expertise in: Environmental Governance and Conservation Social Science; Biophysical Systems and Processes, and Geomatics; and Socioeconomic Spaces and Change. Within these areas, faculty and graduate students work together on research projects throughout Canada and the United States with some research in Southeast Asia, Africa, Oceania, and Latin America.
Our MA and MSc programs are completed through course work and a research (either project or thesis), and span five semesters of full-time study. Our PhD program is completed over twelve semesters of full-time study. Geography students can also participate in the master’s/doctoral International Development Studies Collaborative Specialization.
Are you interested in:
- Environmental governance and conservation social science
- Food security and food waste
- Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- Climate Change and Ecosystems
- Planner, natural resource manager, or conservation practitioner
- Environmental/social policy analyst
- GIS specialist
- Forestry, mining, or waste management consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Management and Governance
- Human-Environment Relations
- Biotic Processes and Biophysical Systems
- Environmental Modelling
- Global Hydrology
- Development Geography
- Master’s applicants must have a minimum 75% average during the final two years of undergraduate study. PhD applicants must have a minimum 80% (A-) average in their graduate-level studies.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.