The Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics program of University of Guelph trains future research and policy leaders. This training emphasizes the importance of policy relevant and issues oriented research, communicated with clarity, purpose and meaning.
We offer course-based (MFARE) and thesis-based (MSc) Master degrees and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree.
The thesis-based (MSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree programs strive to develop appropriate analytical, methodological, and communication skills to enable students to analyze agriculture and resource problems effectively and explain their findings. The MSc requires both course work and a thesis. This program can be completed in approximately 5 to 6 semesters. The PhD program requires course work, successful completion of a qualifying exam and the defense of a research-based thesis with completion in approximately 12 semesters.
Are you interested in:
- Economic principles and solving problems related to food, agriculture and natural resources
- Developing skills needed to analyze agriculture and resource problems effectively
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada / Health Canada / Forestry Canada
- Private firms / consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomics for Agricultural Economists
- Applied Quantitative Methods for Agricultural Economics
- Food Security and the Economics of Agri-Food Systems in Developing Countries
- Applied Policy Analysis
- Agricultural Trade Relations
- Food Firms, Consumers and Market
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Food Sciences Agriculture View 18 other Masters in Food Sciences in Canada
- MSc and MFARE - minimum 70% (B-) average over the past two years in a four-year honours degree in Food, Agriculture or Resource Economics (or in a field of economics)
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.