The Theatre Studies program of University of Guelph provides an integrated graduate education that merges theory and practice, and aims to prepare students for both doctoral-level study and careers in the academy.
MA English Research Fields:
- Colonial, Postcolonial and Diasporic Studies
- Studies in Canadian Literatures
- Early Modern Studies
- Transnational Nineteenth-Century Studies
- Sexuality and Gender Studies
- Communications/Public Relations
- Arts Administration
- Theatre Historiography
- Theatre Theory
- Performance and Difference
- Bodies and Space in Performance
- Independent Reading Course
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 31 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The normal requirement for admission to the MA program is the equivalent of an Honours degree in English or Drama/Theatre Studies from a recognized post-secondary institution, with at least a high second-class standing (78%) in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years.
- Students with degrees in other disciplines may also be considered. In very exceptional circumstances, an applicant may lack the required honours BA degree, but may be assessed as qualified to undertake graduate studies on the basis of other experience and practice
- Applicants are not required to write the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Successful applicants will be admitted in the Fall Semester
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.