The English program of University of Guelph is designed to provide students with an intensive introduction to graduate-level work in English studies within a flexible program. The study of English at the University of Guelph involves a sense of the histories and theories which inform current developments in the field. Our students emerge from the program well prepared for doctoral study in English, and for careers that require a combination of critical thinking and cultural awareness.
MA English research fields
- Colonial, Postcolonial and Diasporic Studies
- Studies in Canadian Literatures
- Early Modern Studies
- Transnational Nineteenth-Century Studies
- Sexuality and Gender Studies
- Communications/Public Relations
- Arts Administration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in the History of Criticism
- Problems of Literary Analysis
- Topics in Canadian Literature
- Topics in Colonial, Postcolonial and Diasporic Literature
- Topics in Medieval/Renaissance Literature
- Topics in Eighteenth Century and Romantic Literature
- The normal requirement for admission to the MA program is the equivalent of an Honours degree in English or Drama/Theatre Studies from a recognized post-secondary institution, with at least a high second-class standing (78%) in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years. Students with degrees in other disciplines may also be considered.
- In very exceptional circumstances, an applicant may lack the required honours BA degree, but may be assessed as qualified to undertake graduate studies on the basis of other experience and practice and may apply for admission under alternate admissions criteria.
- Applicants are not required to write the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.