These courses deal with well-established and emerging areas of medical and health physics including clinical measurement, computing, health physics, instrumentation, medical electronics, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, physics of radiotherapy, radiobiology, and radiological imaging sciences. The coursework also contains an introduction to the clinical sciences.
Graduates of the Master of Applied Science (Medical Physics) course at Queensland University of Technology can seek employment in hospitals, health departments, tertiary institutions and medical instrumentation companies. Depending on the field of employment, graduates may be known as a medical physicist, health physicist or bio-engineer. Professional medical/health physicists:
- apply electronic tools and medical software, ultrasonics, radiation and computers to clinical and environmental problems
- monitor the environment to maintain acceptable standards in the workplace and the community
- apply fundamental physical research in development programs
- are responsible for calibration, care and maintenance of instruments and apparatus.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Total Quality Management
- Advancing Anatomy and Physiology
- Radiation Physics
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Medical Imaging Science
- Health and Occupational Physics
- Research Methodology and Professional Studies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Health Sciences View 289 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) in physics or in science with a major in physics.
International33200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National9600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.