These courses deal with well-established and emerging areas of medical and health physics including clinical measurement, computing, health physics, instrumentation, medical electronics, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, physics of radiotherapy, radiobiology, and radiological imaging sciences. The coursework also contains an introduction to the clinical sciences.Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Medical Physics) is offered at Queensland University of Technology.
Graduates can seek employment in hospitals, health departments, tertiary institutions and medical instrumentation companies. Depending on the field of employment, graduates may be known as a medical physicist, health physicist or bio-engineer. Professional medical/health physicists:
- apply electronic tools and medical software, ultrasonics, radiation and computers to clinical and environmental problems
- monitor the environment to maintain acceptable standards in the workplace and the community
- apply fundamental physical research in development programs
- are responsible for calibration, care and maintenance of instruments and apparatus.
- Health Physicist
- Medical Equipment Sales
- Medical Physicist
- Total Quality Management
- Advancing Anatomy and Physiology
- Radiation Physics
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Medical Imaging Science
- Health and Occupational Physics
- Research Methodology and Professional Studies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
Sem 1 Off shore deadline application - 27.01.2020
DisciplinesPhysics Health Sciences View 23 other Masters in Physics in Australia
Your scores and prior qualifications in English-speaking countries are considered. Approved English-speaking countries are Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, United States of America and Wales.
International32000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9400 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Next year fee National: $9,600
- Next year fee International: $33,800
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.