These courses deal with well-established and emerging areas of medical and health physics including clinical measurement, computing, health physics, instrumentation, medical electronics, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, physics of radiotherapy, radiobiology, and radiological imaging sciences.
Careers and outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Medical Physics) at the Queensland University of Technology can seek employment in hospitals, health departments, tertiary institutions and medical instrumentation companies. Depending on the field of employment, graduates may be known as a medical physicist, health physicist or bio-engineer. Professional medical/health physicists:
- apply electronic tools and medical software, ultrasonics, radiation and computers to clinical and environmental problems
- monitor the environment to maintain acceptable standards in the workplace and the community
- apply fundamental physical research in development programs
- are responsible for calibration, care and maintenance of instruments and apparatus.
- Health Physicist
- Medical Equipment Sales
- Medical Physicist
The course is accredited by the Australasian College of Physical Sciences and Engineers in Medicine.
- Total Quality Management
- Advancing Anatomy and Physiology
- Radiation Physics
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Medical Imaging Science
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Medical Imaging View 38 other Masters in Physics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queensland University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A completed recognised bachelor degree (or higher award) in physics.
International33400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33400 AUD per year during 12 months.
National7600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7600 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.