Why choose this course?
If you want knowledge and skills in new technological trends, and are interested in developing the specialist knowledge and skills to succeed in senior IT-related positions, then this course is for you. The Master of Information Technology will develop a breadth of knowledge and deepen your understanding across varying aspects of IT. Completing one of the eight majors will give you specialist knowledge in that field:
- Business Analysis (new) - design and problem solving skills will allow you to critically analyse complex work environments, assess alternate information systems solutions, and evaluate outcomes.
- Business Process Management - provides you with complementary skills and knowledge to create and align information systems to effectively support business and enable business strategy.
- Computer Science - extends your understanding of computer programming beyond being a mere user of programming language to an appreciation of their design and implementation.
- Cyber Security and Networks (new) - you will develop abilities in the investigation and appraisal of complex cyber security and networking challenges.
- Data Science - provides you with the knowledge and skills to extract information from large, complex and disparate data sets, using leading edge algorithms and tools.
This Information Technology course offered at Queensland University of Technology is designed to facilitate learning for an unknown future. As a graduate, you will be proficient in IT knowledge production and use. You will have had the opportunity to apply thisknowledge in a range of real world contexts. You will be effective in complex and creative problem solving, bringing an understanding of IT as a field of rapid change and emerging innovation.
You will be qualified to work with IT service providers, consultancies and vendors, and readily employed in software and application development companies. Additionally, you willl be in strong demand in government departments, the finance and banking sector, and within healthcare, advanced manufacturing, engineering, mining and agriculture.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Corporate Information Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Security and Networking
- Introduction to Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Rapid Web Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 116 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Australia
Master of Information Technology - 2 year program
- A completed recognised bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.00 (on QUT's 7 point scale).
Master of Information Technology – 1.5 year program*
- A completed recognised bachelor degree in information technology with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.00 (on QUT’s 7 point scale).
International34700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.