The School of Criminology has both a strong national and international focus. Undergraduate and graduate students come from all parts of Canada. At the international level, persons enrolled in the M.A. and Ph.D. programs have come from Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Japan, Jamaica, Nigeria, Norway, South Africa, United Kingdom, and the United States.
In the event that program requirements change in the future, the calendar in effect at the time of entry into the program governs.
This site, maintained by the School of Criminology, provides some explanation and elaboration of the academic calendar entry, but does not supercede the requirements in the academic calendar. The Criminology program is offered at Simon Fraser University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminological Theory
- Research Methods : Research Design
- Research Methods : Quantitative Methods
- Research Methods : Qualitative Methods
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.33 scale, or 3.33 on a 4.33 scale (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses. All graduate work is also considered.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest.
- proof of English Language proficiency
- In exceptional circumstances, a student may be admitted with lower formal qualifications when there is significant experience relevant to the proposed area of scholarship.
International3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National3892 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1946 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.