Financial mathematics, the application of mathematical solutions to problems in finance, is an amalgam of mathematics, statistics, finance theory and computer science. As the discipline brings efficiency and rigor to financial markets, instruments and the investment process, it has become increasingly important in regulatory concern.
The Master of Science (MSc) program in Financial Mathematics offered at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology is continuously enhanced with relevant and up-to-date courses in quantitative finance. The curriculum also encourages students to seek internships suiting their interests and to take advantage of the program’s network in the job search process.
Recently, new courses in algorithm trading, market microstructure, financial computing, structuring and trading strategies, and financial infrastructure, among others, have been offered by faculty members who are actively engaged in financial mathematics research and seasoned finance professionals with advanced degrees from leading institutions of higher learning.
- To nurture the next generation of financial mathematic professionals for increasingly sophisticated markets.
- To create a link between the theoretical and realistic worlds of financial mathematics.
- To prepare for employment and contribute to the long-term sustainability and ever-evolving nature of the financial industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematical, statistical and computational methods for security pricing, asset allocation, speculative trading, and risk management;
- Valuable insight on the performance of various pricing models;
- Option pricing theory, portfolio theory, risk models, time series analysis of financial data, financial economics, and computer programming;
- Programming skills, data science techniques in statistics, machine learning and AI, and innovative financial technology.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Actuarial Science View 12 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering or physical sciences or an equivalent qualification Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering or physical sciences or an equivalent qualification from a university or tertiary institution.from a university or tertiary institution.
International26820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26820 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National26820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26820 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- The program fee for the Intake is HK$210,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.