The Master in Process Engineering at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology prepares students to play a key role in the development of new materials, sustainable energy systems, technologies to mitigate climate change and to reduce pollution and processes for the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Engineers must be able to address the challenges of society and to respond to its evolving demands in creative and responsible ways. Process engineers have a broad education, firmly rooted in the fundamentals of natural sciences and engineering, which provides them with the ideal profile to enable them to play a key role in addressing issues such as new materials and production technologies, sustainable energy systems, technologies to investigate climate change, pollution prevention, and processes for the food and pharmacological industries.
The Master’s Program in Process Engineering (PE) is a consecutive master, i.e. students with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering from ETH Zurich are admitted automatically without any additional requirements and formalities. The qualification profile is based on both academic backgrounds.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will study:
- Advanced Materials
- Micro and Nanosystems and Processes
- Particle Technology
- Separation Processes
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Transport Processes and Reactions
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master’s Degree Program in Process Engineering is a consecutive Master and provides a direct continuation to the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor in Chemical Engineering at ETH Zurich. D-MAVT students are automatically admitted without going through the admission process.
- Candidates with a degree in other fields of study or from other universities must apply according to the application terms and deadlines and provide the documents as listed by the Academic Services.
- Candidates for the Master’s Program must present proof of specialized and sound knowledge, abilities in the field of mechanical engineering or chemical engineering and very good study performance in the fundamental disciplines. The program’s requirements are based upon skills and knowledge taught in the ETH Bachelor’s Programs and are listed in the Appendix to the Program Regulations of the Master’s Degree Program in Process Engineering.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.