The Biomedical Surface Science programme at Malmö University creates a platform for understanding the involvement of surface science in biomedicine and biotechnology. You will get theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the areas of biomedical activities which require expertise beyond traditional disciplines of biomedicine, chemistry or biology.
- Active connections
The program is carried out in close collaboration with regional industry, and provides up to date overview on research and development work in the area of biomedical technology. Education is conducted by researchers and teachers who are participants of an industrially relevant research network called Profile “Biofilms – research center for biointerfaces”. Our experimental facilities combine chemistry, cell and molecular biology, and bioanalytical laboratories.
- Forms of study
We use different pedagogical forms, with a strong focus on research questions in development of biomedical products. The collaboration with surrounding biomedical industry is conducted through CDIO, Conceive - Design - Implement - Operate projects.
- What is Biomedical Surface Science?
Biomedical surface science refers to the knowledge and understanding of the theoretically and practically integration of surface chemistry in applied aspects of cell biology, immunology, molecular biology and nanotechnology.Biomedical surface science refers to specialised knowledge of surface chemistry in applied areas of cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, nano-biotechnology and colloid chemistry, as well as substantially knowledge on integration of these subject in biomedical surface science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Biointerfaces in Practice and Theory
- Surface Chemical Properties of Biointerfaces
- Biointerfaces in living systems
- Biointerfaces in Immunology
- Biological Interfaces in Molecular Biology and Nanotechnology
- Biomedical Surface Science ; Properties of Biological Barriers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 16 other Masters in Health Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (180 credits) or equivalent with a major in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical technology, biomedical methods and technology, biomedical laboratory science, or in other areas of natural, medical, engineering sciences or technology of relevance to the programme with a minimum of 15 credits in chemistry and/or biochemistry.
- The equivalent of English B, or English 6, in Swedish secondary school.
- credits 100%
International16364 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32728 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full tuition fee: 340,000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.