This integration is essential for multidisciplinary areas, for example, robotics, micro and nanotechnologies, production systems, and energy systems. The students develop and apply tools ranging from computer simulation to advanced experimental techniques in order to gain a deeper understanding of the underlying phenomena and processes.
Products and systems created by engineers have the potential to significantly affect society. The social context in which mechanical engineering is practised and its broad interdependencies are reflected in complementary courses in economics, organisation and management, political science, and humanities.
The Master program in Mechanical Engineering at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology emphasises fundamental and engineering sciences with the aim of preparing students for the challenges found at the frontiers of research and industrial development. The Master in Mechanical Engineering provides in-depth knowledge of core areas in mechanical engineering, such as mechanics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, materials and manufacturing science, control systems, and product development.
You will study:
- Flows and Processes
- Materials and Structures
- Micro and Nanosystems
- Systems and Control
- Bioengineering, Design
- Product Development and Manufacturing
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the degree programme presupposes a university Bachelor’s degree comprising at least 180 ETCS(1 credits, an equivalent university degree, or a Bachelor’s degree from a Swiss university of applied sciences(2 in a discipline the content of which – also with regard to any additional academic requirements within the given framework – satisfies the pertaining academic prerequisites.
- A Bachelor's degree qualifies its holder for admission to an ETH Master's degree programme only if it also qualifies said holder to enter, without additional requirements, the desired Master's degree programme within the university system where the Bachelor's degree was acquired. The Rector may also demand proof of this, determining whether such proof must come from the home university or from another university in the country where the Bachelor's degree was acquired.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 18 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.