Why study MSc/PGDip/PGCert Building Information Modelling Management and Integrated Digital Delivery at Middlesex University?
BIM is a process involving the structured sharing and coordination of digital and non-digital information about a building project throughout its entire lifecycle, from design to procurement, construction and operation and management stage, all the way through to demolishment.
Middlesex University is the only institution in the UK to offer a work based Masters in this subject area and aims to produce practitioners with a qualification to be employed in a Management role in BIM projects. You will gain a critical awareness of contemporary BIM issues informed by technology, research and management skills in standard and unpredictable scenarios.
The Building Information Modelling Management and Integrated Digital Delivery MSc/PGDip/PGCert course at the Middlesex University is specifically aimed at experienced professionals who will be expected to manage BIM projects. These will include people from the following sectors:
- Architectural technologists
- Construction and civil engineers
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing services (MEP) engineers
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) engineers
- technicians, contractors, subcontractors, fabricators and manufacturers
- Facilities and operations managers (FM & OM)
- Quantity surveyors
- You will be able to complete work-applied practical projects
- You will be encouraged to participate in supported peer engagement and sharing of best practice including an on-campus summer school
- A study programme aligned to CPD and professional bodies' frameworks
- You will have opportunities to influence the future of BIM with your thesis
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module.
- Graduates from this course will be qualified and expected to take on a managerial role in Business Information Modelling construction projects either on a technical, operational or strategic level within an organisation.
- Examples are Model managers, BIM coordinators, BIM managers and BIM directors from any stakeholder's side whether the consultant, contractor, client etc. Graduates will have highly specialised technical, analytical and collaborative operational and strategic decision-making skills that are much sought after qualities due to the novelty of the area of concern worldwide.
- Technical BIM Management
- Operational BIM Management
- Strategic BIM Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management Technology Management View 21 other Masters in Technology Management in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree or above in an appropriate construction discipline (e.g. architecture, architectural technology, civil, mechanical, electrical engineering, surveying etc.) and 3 years relevant industrial experience
- Alternatively applicant must be a corporate member of a relevant professional body including 3 years of relevant industrial experience
- Relevant industrial experience may also be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.